“I became part of Kantaya when I was 7 years old. In my community, only a few people can access a college education. It is sad, but that’s our reality.
Thanks to Kantaya’s support and encouragement, I was able to see that there are no limits, that I can accomplish everything that I want by myself. Kantaya is a word in Aymara that means “to illuminate”. And that is what Kantaya did in me.
I would like to help other children get the same education.”
MAYRA TAYPE, 23 years, 5th year UTP University
THE SITUATION IN PERU
Unfortunately, Peru ranks 129 out of 137 countries in the quality of elementary education (World Economic Forum, 2018). And Ventanilla, where Kantaya is based, is the poorest district of Lima and Callao, 1 of every 3 children finishes high school and only 2% have access to technical studies or university (INEI, 2013).
Thanks to your support Ventanilla’s children will be able to change their lives with the opportunity to go to Kantaya’s centers to learn from trained teachers reading, mathematics, mindfulness, yoga, dance, oratory, financial workshops, handicrafts, computer lab, robotics and to visit inspiring environments out of the community. Meet a day of Kantaya’s children: https://bit.ly/35laeRt
- $10 ensures that 1 child receives excellent education for 10 days.
- $60 ensures that 1 child receives excellent education for 1 month.
- $360 ensures that 1 child receives excellent education for 6 months.
- $720 ensures that 1 child receives excellent education for 1 year.
- $2160 ensures that 3 children receive excellent education for 1 year.
Also, you can be a Kantaya ambassador sharing our program. If you want to be part of Kantaya please contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kantaya believes in the power of education and has created after school spaces for enrichment learning, with an environment that is conducive to developing happy, strong children.
Today, over 1,000 children, between the ages of 5 and 15 have been benefitted in three after-school “Casitas Feliz” (Happy Houses) centers in Ventanilla, Lima, Peru.
The results are excellent:
- 74% and 70% achieve proficiency in reading comprehension and mathematical skills against the national average of 38% and 15% in Peru.
- Kantaya children are 1 year ahead in emotion regulation than other children in Ventanilla.
- 67% of Kantaya’s youth have access to higher education against 2% in Ventanilla.
We do it through a high-quality curricula focus in reading comprehension, mathematical skills, and technology, develop social-emotional skills and connect children with role models and take them to inspiring environments.
More information: https://bit.ly/2O1qHof
Back to menú