We want all people with HIV to have treatment: everything starts with detection. Help us to end AIDS, to know the status is life!
36.9 million people are living with HIV in the world. 75% know they are HIV positive, the rest do not know. Antiretroviral treatment controls the infecto and avoids transmiting it.
At the ASSI Community Center (Comprehensive Sexual Health Care) our team conducts rapid HIV screening, with services at no cost to individuals. The services are given in a friendly, private and confidential environment, with counseling by a professional team. All people with a positive HIV result are accompanied and linked to Health Services for their appropriate treatment.
Help us extend our services!
We want more people to get tested and receive detection, care and timely treatment.
Since its creation, the Center has served 5,133 people. In 2019 we want to reach more than 2,000 people and this will be possible only with your help. The most powerful resource to eliminate AIDS is timely detection. The more people we reach, the more likely we are to achieve it.
With your donation we can cover the fees of doctors, counselors, therapists, psychologists and sexologists who care for people at the center. Additionally, we will use it for laboratory supplies necessary to operate optimally.
- With $5 USD you are supporting us in promoting detection in key populations.
- With $10 USD you are supporting us to promote this free service in meeting spaces of key populations.
- With $25 USD you are supporting to provide a personalized consultation that includes: pre and post counseling service, with application of rapid HIV test and syphilis, an accompaniment and basic prevention kit (3 condoms, 1 lubricant and informative brochures).
- With $100 USD you are supporting 4 consultations that include: pre and post counseling services, application of rapid tests of HIV and syphilis, accompaniment to health services and prevention kit (10 condoms, 3 lubricants and information brochures) and specialized monitoring by medicine and psychological support after a positive HIV result.
How else can I help?
You can promote the services of Mexico Vivo in your social networks so that more people can have access to sexual health, inviting them to visit: www.mexicovivo.org/assi
You can also help spreading the campaign on your social media using these messages on these key dates:
- November 27th:
- December 1st:
Do not hesitate, however, to join our team of volunteers! It all adds up!
Mexico Vivo is a civil association with 15 years of experience. We work so that more people can live their sexuality with health and power of decision. Therefore, we provide information and services that allow them to choose, prevent, detect and respond promptly, improving the quality of individual, family and social life with inclusion, equity, respect, health, love and art.
Thanks to our donors and sponsors, in 2017 we had the opportunity to reach more than 2.9 million people through our different programs:
- ASSI Vivo: Atención para la Salud Sexual Integral (Comprehensive Sexual Health Care Center).
- Generación Viva: Comprehensive education program for sexual health aimed at adolescents, young people and parents.
- Empresa Viva: Comprehensive sexuality education program for companies and public institutions.
- Hablemos de Sexo y Amor: Spanish version of the Love Matters international project that, in 2017, was adopted by Mexico Vivo (https://hablemosdesexo.com).
In addition, it si a privilege for us to be members of:
- WAS: World Association for Sexual Health (http://www.worldsexology.org).
- FEMESS: Federación Mexicana de Educación Sexual y Sexología (https://femess.org.mx).
- Plataforma Iberoamericana de Empresas y VIH.
- GPEA CDMX: Grupo de Prevención de Embarazos Adolescentes en la Ciudad de México.
- CEMEFI: Centro Mexicano para la Filantropía (https://www.cemefi.org).
Mexico Vivo also compiles with all the indicators of Institutionality and Transparency, reaching the Optimal Level since 2012, for the clarity of its actions and the use of resources, as well as the impact and positive change generated in living conditions of our beneficiary population.
Therefore, we have the accreditation of Institutionality and Transparency granted by the Mexican Philantropy Center (CEMEFI) to the organizations that carry out self-assessment and self-regulation process, verified through various indicators.
For more information about us, please visit us at: www.mexicovivo.org
Juan Antonio Rodriguez Higuera
JOSE MARIA QUIJANO
JOSE ANTONIO ORTEGA
Ceci de los Ríos
Eduardo Gaviño P
ROBERTO VALLADARES PIEDRAS
Juan Carlos Olivar Quijano
Ruben Nunez M
Back to menú